Monday, April 14, 2014

Review of Cruel Beauty

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DB365MK/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_dp_krl8sb106MGZVTitle: A Cruel Beauty  

Author: Rosamund Hodge

Series: no
 
Chapters: 26

Pages: 273

Genre: fairy tales retold

Rating: 4 stars

Cruel Beauty is a retelling of Beauty and the Beast that combines pieces from all the versions of Beauty and Beast, including the Disney version at least in my opinion. As well as a few Greek myths and tells of assians. It is a fairy tale retold that has just about everything in it.

Fans of Beauty and the Beast will enjoy this. At first I didn’t think that I would like it, because it wasn’t something that I would normally read. But I when I read the line on the cover: her mission was to kill him her density was to love him. I was hooked. I wanted to read it by the third chapter I was even more hooked. To me it was one of the best Beauty and the Beast retellings that I have read in a while.


There were a few scenes that were on the edge but it never went into details and the two characters it involved were married. I would say that it is for older teens. But other than I can’t think of anything to keep me from recommending it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment