Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Review of The Ransom

The RANSOMTitle: The Ransom

Author: Marylu Tyndall

Series: Legacy of the Kings pirates book 4

Chapters: 38

Pages: 405

Genre: Christian Historical pirates

Rating: 5 stars

The Ransom is the fourth book in the Legacy of the Kings Pirates series. It takes place awhile after the first three.  Juliana Dutton is trying to run her father’s shipping business without anyone knowing, as a woman it’s not something that is done. Alex Hyde is a man caught between two worlds, that of nobility and being a pirate.  He is both the pirate earl and Lord Munthrope. He is also the son of Edmund Merrick and Lady Charlisse which means being a pirate is in his genes at least to a point.
     Once I started reading The Ransom I couldn’t put it down. I just had to know what happened next. Pirate stories have always kept me on the edge of my seat. Wanting to know what happens next. But most of them are so dark, so I am thrilled that I found Marylu’s Legacy of the king’s pirates. I love that she writes Christian fiction with pirates who often end up being the hero. Even if Christina fiction with hero pirates seems to be a little weird I still love the books.

     The Ransom is now my favorite of the series. Juliana is not your typical heroine in pirate novels. She beautiful and smart, and  if her family trouble weren’t enough she has to fight off  what seems like three suitors one of whom she hates but others would see as a catch, one everyone sees as a few and a third a dangerous man and pirate she should stay away from but she just can’t. At first I didn’t think I would like this one because it was set so long after the first three, but I ended up loving this one.  I cannot wait for the fifth book in the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment