Saturday, July 4, 2015

Blogging Awards

Thanks to Amber at Seasons of Humility for nominating me. I normally don't do tags or award post but this one seemed to good to pass up and I didn't want to pass up on the fun.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhQP7hmf6lI9-K7qzmJQsMnbp3kvKkPIwVrYR4QR8s1NatIXzHvjip2gEW5YeYgj_Iqs6ZrsNCn13HKqMS2x5aJ0xi0ff0gq8tTht0nriEczUr0s_j_FuI2IprnXA_eLsntyk_-WA_8XII/s200/real-neat-blog-award-297x300.jpg

Real Neat Blog Award Rules:
  • Put the award logo on your blog.
  • Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
  • Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
  • Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
  • Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.).

Here are the questions...

1. What is your favorite genre and why?
This is a tough one, but I would have to say romance, in either Historical fiction or, contemporary.  I also like a good cozy mystery.


2. Where is your favorite place to read?
In the summer my favorite place to read is the porch swing with a glass of sun tea.  In the spring and fall inside away from the things that make my allergies act up. In the winter curled up in a chair with a blanket and a cup of tea.


3. Favorite period drama?
Either Downton Abbey or Call the Midwife


4. What made you want to start a book blog?
I love reading and I love talking about books and not many of friends are big readers. So I didn't really have anyone to talk books with in person.  So a book blog was the next best thing.


5. Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?
Both Physical books when I am home, but ebooks when I am on vacation or at work so that my books don't get messed up. Plus I think I read faster on my kindle than I do with a physical book.
6. Who is your favorite author?
Laura Frantz, Marylu Tyndall,  and Melanie Dickerson, Erynn Mangum

7. What is your favorite series?
The Ballantyne Legacy by Laura Frantz
Legacy of the King's Pirates by Marylu Tyndall
Lauren Holbrook and Paige Alder by Erynn Mangum
.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjVRRnllsYJLMq5xhB5EhoXKwPstnNTbwt9Enyltnk3MQxOBnzdKi1GZnuxFR5Br2IlhJB4ew5HqXRzEDTRPGGTlDqjo41alxmnFe7wRdzskHeINFmShK_1mw6oAWgFmj7PXZ-EVNca414/s200/Sisterhood+of+the+World+Bloggers+Award.jpg

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award Rules:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site. 
  • Put the award logo on your blog. 
  • Answer the ten questions sent to you. 
  • Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer. 
  • Nominate ten blogs.

Here are the questions...

1. Most beloved Disney sidekick?
I know this is probably going to seem odd to most people, but my  favorite Disney sidekick is a sidekick to a Disney villain and that is Mr. Smee Captain Hook's sidekick.  I just love how even though he is a villian he's so adorable in the way he cares about Hook and tries to take care of him.  

Chip from Beauty and the Beast is a close second.


2. Do you enjoy fairy tales? Which one do you like most?
Yes my dad's great aunt use to read me the original Grimm's fairy tales at a child in the original German.  The one that I like the most is Beauty and the Beast and Little Red Riding Hood.


3. Favorite dessert?
Strawberry shortcake where I live strawberries always came in season around my birthday. So my mom would make me homemade shortcake every year for my birthday.



4. Which Disney princess are you most like and why?
As a bookworm I have to say the Disney Princess I am most like is Belle, because we both like books. I can even read and walk at the same time just like Belle. 


5. Which Disney prince do you consider the most dashing?
Flynn Ryder  even though he's technically not a prince.  My second choice would be Prince Eric from The Little Mermaid I mean he has his own ship. So in my book that makes him a little bit of a pirate but still a good guy.


6. Dream vacation this summer, if you could go anywhere?
Would be Ireland, I would love to see the country that both sides of my family came from. Both my mom and dad have Irish ancestors.
7. A few books you hope to read soon?

Bake Me a Match by Erynn Mangum
The Reckoning by Marylu Tyndall
The Innocent by Ann H Gabhart
Dauntless by Dina L Sleiman
The Huntress of Thornbeck Forest by Melanie Dickerson


8. Favorite book of the year?
A Love Like Ours by Becky Wade




9. Latest fictional crush?
Jake Porter from A Love Like Ours by Becky Wade
10.  Favorite Jane Austen hero?

Captain Frederick Wentworth from Persuasion  I know most people say Mr. Darcy but I just love Wentworth. I think it's the navy uniform.



And the awards go to...

Feel free to share one or both awards.  Just for fun. You can answer the above questions or pick from the questions below.

1.  Favorite Disney movie?

2.  Favorite chick flick?

3 All time favorite movie?

4.  Favorite childhood novel?

5.If you could work at either  a library or bookstore what you chose ?

6.  Favorite Disney Villain that you love or love to hate?

7. If you could visit any  country in the world what would it be ?

8.  What Literary site would you most want to visit?

9.Favorite superhero?

10 Favorite  Disney Character ?



I Nominate
Rissi at Dreaming under the Same Moon
Lydia at Over Weight Bookshelf
Renee at Black and Gold Girl's bookspot
Abbi at Christian Novels
Hayden at The Story Girl
Kristin at Wool and Wheel
Bekah at Awesome Book Nuts
Hamlette at Hamlette Soliloquy
Heidi at Along the Brandywine 
Raquel at Its Just Raquel
Melanie at Christian Bookshelf Reviews

2 comments:

  1. What a fun award, Carissa! Thank YOU so much for the shout-out in the nominee list. This definitely looks like a fun post to put together.

    Ooo, I adore Becky's latest novel (so lovely); Ireland? Yes, please! Visiting would be amazing; Flynn is an awesome character, title or not; and yay for Chip. He is a pretty cool Disney character. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! So glad you participated, Carissa. Such great responses. :) I enjoyed reading them!

    I think I might read faster on my Kindle, as well...but yes, gotta love the physical books!

    Another "Legacy of the King's Pirates" fan! Huzzah! I think you'll love The Reckoning.

    Can't wait to "meet" Captain Wentworth during the read-along! I think my favorite Austen hero so far is Henry Tilney (Northanger Abbey), followed closely by Mr. Knightey. :)

    Thank you for sharing your responses!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete