Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Joyful Surrender


Joyful Surrender: 7 Disciplines for the Believer's LifeTitle:  Joyful Surrender: 7 Disciplines for the Believers Life

Author: Elisabeth Elliot
 
Pages: 176

Genre: non fiction

Rating: 4 Stars

The Only book I have read of Elisabeth Elliot prior to this on is her biography of Amy Carmichael. Which I enjoyed. I also know that she lost her missionary husband Jim when he was killed by the same tribe he was trying to reach.  So I wanted to give another book of hers a try as I have heard multiple people that her books were worth reading. 

Joyful Surrender: 7 Disciplines for the Believer’s Life focuses on seven disciplines that can be found in scripture to help a believer in life.  As with Bible studies and devotions as long as they are backed up with scripture and God’s word can give each reader something different gleamed from the book. No two people will read this book the same way. 

The part of the book that helped me the most, on overcoming anxiety and trusting God in times of trials and hardship my not be what sticks out to another reader. They may find something else in the book that helps them.

I do know that I want to pick up more of Elisabeth Elliot’s books to read in the future. If you haven’t read this book or other works by Elisabeth Elliot I highly suggest that you do.


I received a copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment