Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Review of Catwoman: SoulStealer

Catwoman: Soulstealer (DC Icons, #3)
Title: Catwoman: Soulstealer
Author:   Sarah J Maas
Pg:384
Series: DC Icons book 3
Genre: teen comic book heroes, retellings
Rating:  3.5 Stars
     Catwoman: Soulstealer the third book in the DC Icons series by Sarah J Maas was the one I was most concerned about. Mainly because I have yet to meet a Sarah J Maas book that I’ve actually liked. To me the majority of her books either have love triangles or abusive relationship in them.  Though I find myself in the minority feeling that way.
     However, with this book she surprised me. It was the first book of hers that I actually enjoyed. Even though it was my least favorite of this series so far. Selina Kyle has come back to Gotham for revenge, and why the Batman’s way it’s up Luke Fox aka Batwing to protect the city. Though I am total Batcat, and ship Bruce and Selina. The relationship between Selina and Former Marine turned superhero Luke Fox though he was already a superhero in my book when he joined the Marines is believable and actually had me rooting for them to make it.
     I loved seeing Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn join Catwoman’s gang has me wanting the DC Sirens movie. The one time Sarah having a character purl her dialogue and it fit, the old school catwoman purred a lot she doesn’t do it. 
     All in all a pretty good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment