Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Review of The Orphan's Wish


The Orphan's Wish (Hagenheim, #8)Title: The Orphan's Wish 

Author: Melanie Dickerson 

Chapters: 34 plus epilogue 

Pages: 352

Series: Hagenheim Series book 8



Genre: Christian fairy tale retelling, Christian Teen Historical 

Rating: 3.5 stars 

     The Orphan's wish by Melanie Dickerson is the 8th book in the Hagenheim series Lady Kirsytn is the youngest daughter of the duke of Hageheim, and Aladdin an Orphan from the Holy Land.  Kirstyn is the daughter of character's from The Healer's Apprentice  the first book in this series  as well as the younger sister of characters from book 3 The Fairest Beauty, book 4 The Captive Maiden, book 5 The Princess Spy and book 6 The Golden Braid. So it is best to read this series in order.  

     I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would mainly because Aladdin was one of my least favorite Disney movies and I had read the original story that it was based on. Melanie was able to put on own spin on the story and make it her own.  With all of her previous novels in this series and her other fairy tale series her characters have a strong Christian faith. While it wasn't my favorite book of the series it was still good. Readers will see aspects of the Aladdin but it is still a new story because Mrs. Dickerson adds to the story and makes it her own.  

     I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys fairy tale retelling and Christian teen historical fiction. I would say that this book is appropriate for older teens about 15 or 16 and up.  I look forward to next book in this series which just happens to be a Mulan retelling. 


I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment