Sunday, October 27, 2019

Discussion 4 Christy Read Along




Discussion 4- Christy Read Long
Christy Chapters 19-25
Discussion format: your favorite quotes, general Impressions, and three questions to answer for each week’s reading
Favorite Quotes*
“The church is a fellowship of people, you and me and folks like us who want Christ to be their Head or leader.”
“Let it pour out, Christy. I don’t blame you. But this is the real you talking now, not some character you’re trying to be.”

General Impressions
The book is starting to pick up. I am enjoying getting to know the people of the cove. And seeing Christy starting to find her place in the cove. It’s almost like she starting to find the woman that she’s suppose to be.  It seems like going to cove has been good for her.

Discussion Questions
Answer any or all three of these Questions in the comments section or in your own blog post!
  1. Did this section make you want to read faster (because of the suspense) or slow down (because of the heavy topics)? This section made me want to read faster because of the suspense because I wanted to find out what was going to happen. I read the section literally in one day. I couldn’t put it down.
  2. Imagine yourself in one of these tense situations: hearing Uncle Bogg’s story at the working, listening to David’s sermon, or coming upon Prince in his sad condition. How would you respond? Prince in his sad condition I would try to rig something up that would keep the flies off of him while his tail hopefully grows back.  I would also do like Christy did and use it for a teaching tool to show the school children that you’ve not suppose to do what got done to Prince to a horse, because he needs his tail to help keep flies at bay and shoo them off.
  3. If you could help the McHones in even a small way, what would you do? In a small way if I could I would find away to give Tom the occasional odd job in order to find a way to give him money since we know he won’t take charity. And I would find reasons to invite Opal to get togethers in subtle way to get good food into her.
Join us next Friday for our fifth discussion!
                (Chapters 26-32)

*Catherine Marshall. Christy.(NewYork: Avon, 1968)286, 327

1 comment:

  1. Two great quotes from the main guys in this book! :) And I agree about the book picking up. So much is happening! It really is neat to see Christy growing and maturing and figuring out what she believes and who she is.

    Great ideas for questions 2 and 3!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete