Thursday, October 24, 2019

Review of Spin the Dawn


Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars, #1)Title:  Spin the Dawn

Author: Elizabeth Lim

Series: The Blood of Stars book 1

Chapters: 37

Pages: 392

Genre: teen fantasy 

Rating: 5 stars 

Publisher:  Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers

The tag for this book was Mulan meets project runway.  And to me this is spot on. Maia Tamarin wants to be a tailor but the only problem is she's a girl and that's not done.  When her father is summoned to court for a tailoring contest, she goes in her father's place pretending to be her brother.   I didn't know how I was going to feel about this book but after the second chapter, I was hooked.  Maia is a tough and determined young woman who will do anything for her family but still wants to follow her dreams.  Edan is the court magician who side you don't really know who's side he's on.  

After reading Spin the Dawn I've come to the conclusion that I'll read anything Elizabeth Lim writes and even though this book ended on cliff hanger, it wasn't that bad of a cliff hanger. The only thing that it did is have me waiting impatiently for the second book in this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment