Monday, October 21, 2019

Sorcery of Thorns review


Sorcery of ThornsTitle:  Sorcery of Thorns 

Author: Margaret Rogerson 

Chapters: 36 Plus Epilogue 

Pages: 453

Genre: Teen fantasy, Teen Steampunk 

Rating: 5 stars 

Publisher:  Margaret K. McElderry Books

     When I heard the premise of Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson I knew that I had to read it.  Elisabeth grew up in a library, I mean what bookworm hasn't wished that they could live in a library.  However, the libraries in these worlds don't hold books to be read instead they keep books contained. Away from people so they don't fall into the wrong hands.  But then something happens and she becomes public enemy number one.  Forcing her to have to team up with her enemy sorcerer Nathaniel Thorn.  Nathaniel has become one of my new literary heroes.  He may be rough around the edges and slight pain in the butt be he uses that to hide a heart of gold. 

Part of me didn't want to put this book down, but the other part of me didn't want the book to end.  I loved Elisabeth and Nathaniel together, their banter is perfect.  Sorcery of Thorns gave me Beauty and the Beast vibes and I loved it. To me, the ending wrapped up the story perfectly though it did leave an opening for a sequel which I wouldn't say no to it.

I look forward to reading other books by this author.  I would recommend this book to fans of Beauty and Beast retellings, fantasy and steampunk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment