Friday, October 25, 2019

Love and Other Mistakes review


Love and Other MistakesTitle:  Love and Other Mistakes 

Author: Jessica Kate 

Chapters: 44 plus epilogue 

Pages: 352

Genre: Christian Contemporary, Christian Contemporary romance, rom-com   

Rating: 4 stars 

Publisher:  Thomas Nelson 

Love and Other Mistakes is the first book by Jessica Kate that I have read.  It's basically a rom-com in book form. But a Christian rom-com. It's an enemies to friends trope that is actually well done.   Natalie Groves life hasn't gone the way she thought it would, first, her fiancé left then they find out her father has cancer.  Now seven years later she has a chance to follow her dreams, but the only job that she can get to work around her internship is as a nanny to her ex-fiancé child.  Jeremy needs someone to help with his infant son and his niece he just didn't expect it to be Natalie. Both Natalie and Jeremy have different views of the past and neither one sees it the exact same way.   Jeremey was a bit of a bad boy growing up and couldn't seem to measure up to what his father wanted, who just happens to be the chief of police.   As the daughter of a law enforcement officer, I know that that can sometimes be hard to do.  

From the first chapter of this book I was hooked I kept reading I just had to know what happened.  My favorite character in the book I have to say had to be Jeremy's son with Natalie being a close second.  The characters grew and changed over the course of the book and that was great to see.  Most of the characters were different at the end of the book than they were at the beginning but not all. And just the same with life not everyone changes for the better or even grows.

I look forward to reading Jessica's next book and I would love for this one to become a movie because we need more Christian rom-com. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.





No comments:

Post a Comment