Monday, July 5, 2021

Bridge of Gold by Kimberley Woodhouse

 Title:  Bridge of Gold

Author:  Kimberley Woodhouse

Ch: 23 

Pg:  256

Series: Doors to the Past

Genre:  Christian Contemporary Romance, Christian historical romance dual time

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Barbour

 

I'm loving the Doors to the Past series. What's not to love about a series that combines my favorite genre historical and historical romance with contemporary  a genre that I am growing to love with a bit of mystery.  And Bridge of Gold by Kimberley Woodhouse is no different.  This one focuses on the Golden Gate bridge in 1930s when they were building the bridge and the present day with repair work and under water archaeology.  In the 1930s we have Luke who's working on building the bridge and Margo his fiancée  when Luke discovers gold and a mystery.  In the present we have Steven Michaels who  is works in bridge repair, an Kayla Richardson an underwater archaeologist who gets called in when Steven finds a sunken ship. Kayla in turn finds a skeleton which leads both Kayla and Steven to want to solve the mystery. 

 

I love history I always have but the history of The Golden Gate bridge wasn't something I was familiar with. I didn't even know it was built during the 30s.  So hey you learn something new every day. The bridge is a modern marvel and to think that it was built in the early days of underwater construction without all the benefits of modern dive equipment in those dive suits with the metal and glass helmets attached to air hoses leading the surface. 

 

I finished the book in two days mainly because I had to sleep and go to work because I  had to know what happened to Luke and Margo and how Kayla and Steven's story was going to play out.   I just got to say I loved the ending, both endings.   

 

And even though the Doors to the Past is a series each book in the series is a standalone and can be read as such. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment