Wednesday, July 21, 2021

The Moonshine Shack Murder by Diane Kelly review

Title:  The Moonshine Shack Murder

Author:  Diane Kelly

Ch: 26 

Pg:  304

Series: Southern Homebrew Mystery book 1

Genre:  Cozy Mystery

Rating: 4.5 stars

Publisher: Berkeley

 

I enjoyed this moonshine cozy mystery but then there’s been nothing that Diane Kelly has written that I haven’t like. I loved that Hattie is a woman kicking butt in a man’s field. Carrying on the family tradition of making moonshine.

Also love how it’s got a bit of Romeo and Juliet feel because Marlon is following in his family’s law enforcement history.

Smoky the cat was adorable and I loved the Chattanooga setting I don’t think I’ve ever read a book let alone a cozy mystery set there. Now my favorite character was indeed Hattie’s grandpa he reminded me so much of my own papaw right down to the moonshine and whittling and I mess him so much.

Hattie was a strong and determined woman and even though she only got involved in the mystery to clear her name not a trope I truly like normally it worked with this one. I can’t wait for the next one in the series.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment