Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness review

Title: Shadow of Night

Author: Deborah Harkness

Ch: 42

Pg: 583

Series: All Souls Trilogy

Genre: Paranormal romance time travel

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Penguin

Shadow of Night is the second book in the All Souls trilogy and picks up immediately where A Discovery of Witches ends with that cliff hanger.  So it's very important that you read that one first. In Shadow of Night I grow to love Diana and Matthew more than I thought I could.  In this book you learn more about Matthew's past.  And in doing so the reader becomes more sympatric   to    the reason he is the way he is with Diana. But on the same note Diana starts to learn who she truly is in this one and come into her own. 

I loved the fact that they are in Tudor England for the majority of the book so that made this history nerd happy as well as seeing Tudor era Holy Roman Empire.  Though that's about all I can say about this one without giving much of the first book away.  And like A Discovery of Witches this one ends with a cliff hanger as well.  And I can't wait to pick up The Book of Life the final book in the trilogy though I'm sad to see it end I can't wait to find out what happens to Diana and Matthew and everyone they love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment