Tuesday, March 8, 2022

The Thief of Blackfriars Lane by Michelle Griep review

 Title:  The Thief of Blakcfriars Lane

Author:  Michelle Griep

 Ch: 33

 Pg:  320

Genre:  Christian Historical mystery, romance

 Rating: 4 stars

 
Publisher: Barbour

 

I’m not going to lie I picked the one of because the title and cover were giving me Sherlock Holmes vibes. But The Thief of Blackfriars lane was so much more than that. I was hooked for the first page. But while reading it also gave me Oliver Twist vibes as well.

Constable Jackson Forge had a chip on his shoulder, and he was trying to prove himself. Kit Turner’s an “thief” with a heart of gold. Neither trust the other but they’re going to need each other to solve a crime and save Jackson’s job.

But I have to say Kit Turner was my favorite I loved her spunk and her sass. Historical fiction needs more sassy and spunky heroines. And I wish this one had a sequel. I want more Kit and Jackson adventures.

Fans of Rachel McMillan’s Herrington and Watts mysteries will enjoy this one.

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment