Sunday, October 8, 2023

Beauty Reborn by Elizabeth Lowham review


Title: Beauty Reborn


Author: Elizabeth Lowham


Ch: 19 plus epilogue


Pg: 200

Genre: Fantasy fairy retelling


Rating: 4.5 stars


Publisher: Shadow Mountain

Beauty Reborn is the hardest Beauty and the Beast retelling that I’ve read. But it’s the one that’s the most important. As it gives a twist on the reason Beauty went to the beast castle in her father’s place. She’s running from the someone. And just like the Disney version the reader will quickly she who’s the real beast in the story. My heart broke for Beauty. I’m glad that read this one. Trigger warning for sexual assault off page though it’s mentioned, and the aftermath is talked about.

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment