Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Who Says Pilgrims can't wear pink


Title: Pilgrims don’t wear Pink

Author: Stephanie Kate Strohm

Series: there is a squeal coming next year
 
Chapters: 11

Pages: 204

Genre: Teen fiction, Teen chick lit

Rating: 3 stars (It was a cute story but because of some language I could only give it three stars. Also because I want to be fair to others reading my review, it could be a 4 or even a 5 for those who don’t care about language.

     In Pilgrims don’t wear Pink Libby Kelting is excited about spending the summer interning at Camden Harbor, which is basically a living history museum. Libby has always been into history. She is a history and book nerd, but you couldn’t tell that by looking at her. Blond Libby does not scream nerd.
     When she gets to Camden Harbor Libby offends one of the other intern, and ends living on a ship with a nerd/geek Garrett McCaffrey who is a would be newspaper reporter. Too Libby it’s not all bad when she ends up meeting what she terms a hot guy.

     Despite the language issues the cuss words, I enjoyed the story for the most part, language aside it was a cute story. To me if the one cuss word hadn’t been used the story would have been even better. But I get that Pilgrims don’t wear Pink is mainstream teen fiction so other people will overlook that.

     I loved the idea of the book and the writing. History and book nerd spends the summer interning at a living history museum that story is right up my alley. As a child it was my dream to work at Colonial Williamsburg one day, some dreams change. So I could relate to how Libby felt when she got to Camden Harbor.

     For the most part I did enjoy the book. For a first novel the author did an awesome job and I am actually looking forward to the squeal coming next year set in the south. Pilgrims don’t wear Pink has something for everyone, the history nerds, book nerds, and people who just want a quick summer read.


(I checked this book out from my local library, because my sister wanted to read it and my  parents have me read books first before they let her read them. I then read the book make notes to give to my parents for the final say. So I thought with the teen books that I read to preview for my sister I would post my thoughts on my blog in review form. To help parents and even teens decide if a book they want to read or if they would want their kids to read it. Parents I would still suggest that you skim through any book your kids wanted to read, to watch what your kids are reading plus to stay involved.)

No comments:

Post a Comment