Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Review of A Grave Issue


A Grave Issue (A Funeral Parlor Mystery #1)Title: A Grave Issue

Author: Lillian Bell

Series: A Funeral Parlor Mystery  Book 1
 
Pages: 288

Genre: Cozy Mystery

Rating: 3.5 stars

A Grave Issue by Lillian Bell is the first book in the A Funeral Parlor mystery series. Desiree Turner has come home to her hometown and the family business she couldn't wait to get away from years ago. The Turner family funeral parlor. But for now she's home and she's going to make the most of it. But being back home brings all kinds of memories and nicknames she rather forget.  

When she finds herself involved in  a murder investigation to help clear a family friend because she is convinced that the sheriff wants to take the easy way out.  The smart thing would be to look the other way. But Desiree is already to deep in the mystery. She wants to see it through.  She'll have to balance helping at the funeral home with working on the mystery. All while trying to keep her out of harm’s way.  It's not going to easy. 

I enjoyed A Grave Issue but I guess that's because I have a weird sense of humor, and I guess because I have family members who use to own a family funeral parlor as well in a small town.  The Small town humor and everyone knowing everyone's business it’s the curse of a small-town.  I look forward to the next book in the series. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment