Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Review of Lethal Licorice


Lethal Licorice (Amish Candy Shop Mystery, #2)Title: Lethal Licorice

Author: Amanda Flower

Series: Amish Candy Shop Mystery
 
Pages: 344

Genre: cozy mystery

Rating: 4 stars

In Lethal Licorice the second installment in the Amish Candy Shop Mystery Bailey King is slowly settling in to life in Harvest Ohio working at her Amish grandparents Candy shop. It’s completely different that her life in New York. She has her own plans for her life, while her grandmother and Juliet have other plans that involve Juliet's son Deputy Sheriff Aiden Brody. But match making is going to have to wait, both Aiden and Bailey get sucked into a murder investigation of an Amish woman Aiden because he's a sheriff's deputy Bailey because she doesn't really trust the county sheriff to be fair.  Add in a missing pet pig and its chaos. 

As it is a second book in a series it's hard to give too much background information in order to prevent giving away too much about the first book in the series. In this book Bailey finds herself in a candy making contest with other Amish Candy shops across the United States.  Bailey has to figure out how to balance the contest with helping Aiden solve the murder rather or not he wants her help.

I actually enjoyed the second book in this series more than the first.  I think part of it is I can relate to related to what personal issue both Bailey and her grandmother are going through in the book. At least from Bailey point of view as I went through something similar two years ago.  I've read quite a few of Amanda Flowers in the past in four other series and I have to say that the Amish Candy Shop mystery series is my favorite. I love how her mystery keeps you guessing what up till the end. I look forward to the next book in this series. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment