Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Review of When Courage Calls


Where Courage Calls (Return to the Canadian West #1) listening to the audioTitle:  Where Courage Calls

Author: Janette Oke and Laurel Oke Logan

Series: Return to the Canadian West
 
Chapters: 28

Pages: 338

Genre: Christian Historical/ Christian Historical Romance

Rating: 4 stars

     When Courage Calls is the first book in the Return to the Canadian West series. This series is a bit of a sequel series to the Canadian West series. Beth Thatcher goes west to be a teacher in Coal Valley much like her aunt Elizabeth did in When Calls the Heart.

     Coal Valley ends up being move primitive that Beth thought it would be. After a few mishaps including her belongings being stole including a compass and a priceless violin; Beth comes  to love the children and the community as they do her. While in Coal Valley she meets Constable Jarrick “Jack” Thornton of the Royal mounted police. 

     I enjoyed When Courage Calls more than I thought I would. I even loved it. When I didn’t think that I would because the Canadian West series wasn’t a favorite.

     But Beth was a character you couldn’t help but love. And the children of Coal Valley were so sweet and they had been though so much. And of course Jack being a character in the book wasn’t so bad either.  Reading this book has me wanting to watch the When Calls the Heart TV show. But I want to finish this book series first.

     From the beginning of the novel Beth’s strong faith had me pulling out my own Bible and reading though the Psalms while I was reading the book. I even added the When Calls the Heart Devotional to my list of books to buy.

     I am looking forward to finishing this series. And If the next two are anything like this one I know that I am going to love each of them.  

I received a copy of this book from Netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment