Wednesday, July 1, 2020

A Spell for Trouble review


A Spell for Trouble by Esme Addison | GoodreadsTitle:   A Spell for Trouble

Author:   Esme Addison

Chapters: 25

Pages: 336

Series: An Enchanted Bay Mystery book 1

Genre: Cozy Mystery

Rating: 3.5 stars

Publisher: Crooked Lane Books

A spell for trouble is the first book in the An enchanted bay mystery series by Esme Addison. And while it wasn’t my favorite cozy it was still an enjoyable read. I loved the small fictional North Carolina beach town. The coast of the North Carolina is one of my favorite setting for books.

Alexandra Daniels finds herself back in Bellamy Bay her mom’s hometown and not only discovers she’s descendent from mermaids and is a witch but finds herself in the middle of a murder mystery. In which her aunt is a prime suspect she’s determined to clear her aunts name. But does that mean she’ll become the killers next victim?

This book was a quick read for charm and I’m not going to lie gave me Practical Magic vibes. I am looking forward to the next book in the series as well as other books by this author.

This book is a good book for readers who like a little magic with their cozies.


I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment