Thursday, March 21, 2019

Review of All Made Up

All Made Up
Title: All Made Up
Author:   Kara Isaac
Ch: 35
Pg: 376
Genre: Christian Contemporary
Rating:  5
All Made Up is my favorite of Kara’s books.  It is also the most emotional of her books at least two me. Katriona McLeod has been a secondary character in Kara’s first three books. She had a career as a professional make-up artist that is dealing with a strong case of what might have been.  She working as a makeup artist the set of the reality TV show Falling for the Farmer when she finds herself on   the show. And the farmer is none other than her ex Caleb Murphy.
Caleb Murphy can’t believe that his mother signed him up for this show nor can he believe that Kat is one of the constants. He sees this as a second chance.  Katriona’s not so sure.
Katriona’ was the easiest character of Kara’s for me to relate to. Not because of the relationship issues nor the reality TV show aspect.  That part was a bit of a turn off because I don’t really care for reality TV. I never did.  But because of the medical issues that she goes through. As I also deal with the same issues. Though not to the level that Katriona does. I was blessed that mom recognized the symptoms and kept taking me to doctors till we got one to listen and start my treatment. So I felt Kat’s plan as well as how she felt when her felt her like her dreams for the future were gone.
Kara did her research on the condition and actually talked to women who have suffered from the condition so that she could write a character true to life. I feel like this book brought to awareness to the condition of Endometriosis. This is the first book I have read that I read that had this condition. And quite frankly we need more books like this tastefully done.   I am thankful that Kara was thoughtful and brave enough to get Katriona her own book.



No comments:

Post a Comment