Saturday, March 30, 2019

Review of A Moment in Crime

43235258
Title: A Moment in Crime
Author:   Amanda Allen
Pg:279
Series: Santa Fe Revival Mystery book 2
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Rating: 4 stars  
     In the second book of the Santa Fe Revival Mystery Series A Moment in Crime Maddie Vaughn-Alwin is enjoying her life in Santa Fe when her cousin Gwen Astor comes to town as an actress in a movie that is being filmed outside of town. But Gwen’s arrival is soon followed by a murder in which she becomes the prime suspect.
     To clear her cousin’s name and still not trusting the town’s sheriff to solve the case Maddie must involve herself in another murder mystery.
     I loved the 1920s setting New Mexico as you don’t get many books set in the 1920s set outside of New York and Chicago. The 20’s is a time period that I enjoy reading about and the fact that this is a mystery makes it so much better.  This one was a faster read than the first one. I think due in part to the fact that the setting and the main characters were established in the first book. So the author didn’t have to take time for the world building or character building in this one and she could just jump into the mystery.
     I can’t wait for the next book in the Santa Fe Revival Mystery series. Even though it is a series I feel like that could possibly be read as stand alones but I would recommend reading them in order.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment