Saturday, March 23, 2019

Review of On Love's Gentle Shore

On Love's Gentle Shore (Prince Edward Island Dreams #3)
Title: On Love’s Gentle Shore
Author:   Liz Johnson
Ch: 21 plus epilogue
Pg: 336
Series: Prince Edward Island Dreams book 3
Genre: Christian Contemporary
Rating:  4.5 stars
     On Love’s Gentle Shore by the Liz Johnson is the third book in the Prince Edward Island Dreams series. Natalie O’Ryan never thought she would be back in her hometown. But yet she is because her fiancée thought he would surprise her with a wedding on Prince Edward Island. He thought she would love to get married in her hometown, because she’s never told him the reason she left and never looked back. She’s been keeping a part of herself and her past a secret from him. As well as the boy she left behind.
     Justin Kane and Natalie where best friends as children and teens. But when Natalie left without so much as a goodbye Justin buried the hurt and their friendship and focused on running his family’s dairy farm. Now that Natalie’s back in town to get married he doesn’t know what to think. Can these two find a way to mend the past and save a friendship or will they find so much more.
     Even though Justin is the boy from her past and she has a fiancée there isn’t a love triangle.  This book isn’t so much about romance as much as it is about Natalie learning to love herself despite her past, and past hurts. Out of all the characters in this series Natalie was the one I related to the must because like her I didn’t really fit in with my classmates in school and I had stutter that never completely went away. Even now it still comes out when I am tired or stressed.
     All in all, this is good series I would recommend reading. I read this one the fastest out of all of them because I just couldn’t put it down. This book should be read after the first two in the series.  This isn’t the last book in the series. There is a Christmas Novella that comes after this one. That I still have to read.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment