Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Review of Rose In Three Quarter Time

Rose in Three Quarter Time
Title: Rose In Three Quarter Time
Author:   Rachel McMillian
Pg:179
Series: Three Quarter Time
Genre: Contemporary
Rating:  5 Stars
Rose in Three Quarter Time is the second book in the Three Quarter Time series by Rachel McMillan and is my favorite of the series so far. I first discovered Rachel’s writing with the Herringford and Watts Mysteries which is basically a female Sherlock and Watson retelling and I was hooked. This is Rachel’s first Contemporary series set in Austria. A country I’ve always wanted to visit, first in part because of its musical heritage and after watching The Sound of Music many times as a child. Plus, this a modern marriage of convince story which is new for me.  
I have to say that Rose NcNeil is one of my favorite new contemporary heroines, mainly because I can relate to her character in many ways. Like Rose I also play the violin but not at the level that Rose plays at, and after reading this book I’m upset that I haven’t picked up a violin in years. Rose’s drink of choice the Shirley Temple is also a favorite of mine.
The hero of this book is Oliver Thorne who just happens to be a loveable dork. My kind of hero who has a habit of doing and saying the wrong thing at times.  But after being forced to give up his dreams he doesn’t want Rose to have to give up her dreams. He wants to do whatever is in his power to make that happen.
This is a sweet Contemporary read that I recommend to anyone who loves romance and contemporary novels.  




No comments:

Post a Comment