Friday, November 1, 2019

The Printed Letter Bookshop review


The Printed Letter BookshopTitle:  The Printed Letter Bookshop 

Author: Katherine Reay 

Pages: 324

Genre: Christian Contemporary fiction 

Rating: 4 stars 

Publisher:  Thomas Nelson 

Books by Katherine Reay are either hit or miss for me, with more books being misses.  However, that was not the case with The Printed Letter Bookshop I don't know if that's because of the sitting of the book or the fact that I listened to it on audio. Madeline Cullen has inherited her aunt's bookshop, but it's a bookshop that's more in the red than the black.  Her two employees Janet and Claire  were loyal to her aunt Maddie and all they see in Madeline is a niece who never visited.   Madeline doesn't want to keep the bookshop she wants to sell it as soon as possible and get back to life as a lawyer.  But it seems like nothing wants to go her way. 

I loved the small-town bookshop setting as well as the people who popped in and out of the bookshop.   The bookshop was a character in its own right in the story.  I am a sucker for stories set in a bookshop the better if it is in a small-town.   

After enjoying this one on audio I think I going to listen to the rest of her books that I haven't read on audio to see if the audio version makes it easier to read. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment