Saturday, November 30, 2019

Beauty's Rose Review


Beauty's Rose by Shonna Slayton | GoodreadsTitle:  Beauty’s Rose

Author: Shonna Slayton

Series: Fairy-tale Inheritance book 4

Chapters:38
  
Genre: fairy tale retelling

Rating: 5 stars

Publisher:  Amaretto Press
     Beauty’s Rose by Shonna Slayton is a Beauty and Beast retelling set in France during the 80s. And I have to say that it is one of my favorite Beauty and the Beast retelling that I’ve read. Margot was an easy character to relate a slightly awkward bookworm.
     I enjoyed finding little bits in the story that reminded me of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast even though the retelling isn’t based on the movie. As well as bits from other versions of the story.
     Though it’s part of a series this one can be read as a stand-alone. Reading this book it almost feels like you’ve been transported to a village in France.   I’ve always loved the story of Beauty and the Beast I mean what’s not to love about a nerdy girl that stays true to who she is.

I received a copy of this book from the author . I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

1 comment:

  1. Great review, Carissa! This one sounds really neat. :)

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete