Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Hope Between the Pages by Pepper D Basham review

Title:  Hope Between the Pages

Author:  Pepper D
Basham

Ch: 26 

Pg:  256

Series: Doors to the Past

Genre:  Christian Contemporary romance, Christian Historical romance dual time

Rating: 5 stats

Publisher: Barbour

 

Hope Between the Pages by Pepper Basham is a dual time novel sent in both 1915 and the present Day Ashville North Carolina and the English Countryside.  Sadie's story and romance in 1915 that drew me in. But it was Clara Blackwell's story in the present day that kept me turning pages in order to find out what was going to happen next. This shocked me as I'm not huge fan of contemporary stories but for some reason I was more drawn to Clara than I was Sadie.  Maybe it was because Clara was easier to relate too. For many reasons. Both Sadie and Clara were bookworms, but like me Clara loves vintage fashion and seems to be older than her years. As well as her fear of losing her remaining parent after already losing one at a younger age. I know that fear all too well I live with it every day.  So you can say I see a kindred spirit in Clara.  I loved the English sitting more than Ashville.   

 

And while I liked both heroes,  it was Max who stole my heart. Not only have I always loved nerdy heroes in my books and movies I also can't help but falling for the scared hero as well. Blame it on my favorite childhood movie being Beauty and the Beast. But Max was indeed the perfect match for Clara.  

 

Though I didn't want the book to end and it was bittersweet to me the book ended perfectly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment