Monday, April 5, 2021

The Lady in Residence by Allison Pittman review

Title:  The Lady in Residence

Author:  Allison Pittman

Ch: 22 plus epilogue

Pg:  253

Series: Doors to the Past

Genre:  Dual time

Rating: 3.5 stars

Publisher: Barbour

      I’m not going to lie even after finishing Lady In Residence by Allison Pittman I don’t know how I feel about it.  It’s one of those that I am on the fence about, and that doesn’t happen often. I didn’t love it nor did I hate it. I did enjoy the dual time aspect of the novel. I am finding that I do indeed enjoy dual time I’ve always been a historical fiction reader and I’m now slowly getting into reading contemporary though it’s not my go to genre. Dual time gives me my favorite genre while edging me into contemporary.

 

     Dini Blackstone was my favorite character in the book. I loved her quirkiness as well as her love of true crime. And her determination to solve a century year old crime. I saw some of myself in her, I’m a true crime nut especially historical crime. Quin the modern hero was alright he just wasn’t a favorite.

 

     I didn’t care for the historical heroine Hedda but that’s due in part to the fact that don’t care for unreliable narrators. I’ve never liked reading from their points of view. Nor was I fond of the ghost story aspect.  But that doesn’t mean someone else won’t love it.

 

     However, I did enjoy how the author wove both stories and time periods together to get one interesting story.


No comments:

Post a Comment