Friday, December 17, 2021

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness review

Title:  A Discovery of Witches

Author:  Deborah Harkness

Ch: 43 

Pg:  579

Series: All Souls

Genre:  Fiction Paranormal time travel

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Penguin books

 

 A Discovery of Witches has been one of those books that has been sitting on my bookshelf for a few years. Never finding its way to the top of the list even when the first season of the TV show came out, because quite frankly Twilight and the craze that came from that series kind of made me hate vampire fiction. But when author Rachel McMillan was raving about the book series and the show on Instagram during the last year, I decided to finally give the first book a try. And I am glad that I did. A Discovery of Witches isn't just a vampire book it's a book with a strong and determined young woman Diana Bishop who’s trying to hide who she is, and Matthew Clairmont who she's Diana for who she is and just happens to be a vampire.

 

While Matthew wants to protect Diana because that's just who he is and how he was raised, he also wants her to learn her to defend and protect herself. He wants to fight beside her not for her, which in my book makes him the perfect hero, and I'm looking forward the next book in the series. And the secondary characters just add to the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment