Thursday, December 9, 2021

Once Upon a Wardrobe by Patti Callahan review

Title:  Once Upon a Wardrobe

Author:  Patti Callahan

Ch: 24 Plus Epilogue

Pg:  292

Genre: Historical fiction  

Rating: 5 stars

Publisher: Harper Muse

I'm not going to lie I've not read any of the books in the Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis, to date I've only read one book by him A Grief Observed which I read in 2016 after losing both my mom and papaw in the span of six weeks. Lost and not knowing what to do I picked up A Grief Observed and read it in one day. I got so much out of it that I had planned to read more of Lewis's work though I couldn't bring myself to read the Narnia books as I thought they were books for kids. Though Lewis no doubt would say that that was foolish. 

 

And after reading Once Upon a Wardrobe by Patti Callahan the second book I’ve read by her and the second book that features C.S. Lewis as a character and loving the story of Megs and George Devonshire. Megs in determined to find answers for her brother after he read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. And in her quest for answers, she becomes friends with Lewis and his brother Warnie and discovers more about herself than the answers she wanted about Narnia. And after reading this book I am now determined to actually read The Chronicles of Narnia because they just aren't books for kids, they are for adults too. 

.  

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment