Wednesday, December 15, 2021

The Santa Suit by Mary Kay Andrews review

 Title:  The Santa Suit

Author:  Mary Kay Andrews

Ch: 25

Pg:  224

Genre: Christmas romance

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: St. Martin’s Press 

 

What got me to want to read The Santa Suit my first book by Mary Kay Andrews was this line from the back blurb " a note written in a childish hand: it's from a little girl who has one Christmas wish, and that is for her father to return home from the war."  Because I could relate to that little girl's Christmas wish. Because during the early nineties when the US was involved with Desert Shield that Christmas, I asked Santa to bring my dad home, I mean as a kid you think Santa's got magic you don't realize he can't tell governments what to do.  And what I got with The Santa Suit was a sweet Christmas story about small towns, second chances, new friends, and the start of a romance. To me this one was one of the first Christmas books that I've read in a long time that gave me Hallmark movie feels. This may be one that gets added to my Christmas books rereads. 



No comments:

Post a Comment