Wednesday, December 8, 2021

The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer review

Title:  The Matzah Ball

Author:  Jean Meltzer

Ch: 41 plus epilogue

Pg:  395

Genre:  Rom Com

Rating: 4 stars

Publisher: Mira

The Matzah Ball by Jean Meltzer was one of those books I didn't know what I wanted or needed till I read it. Though I've long since wanted a Hanukkah rom com for a while. But I didn't know what I wanted in it. But When I saw The Matzah Ball by Jean Melter and read the synopsis. Rachel Rubinstein-Goldblatt is Jewish and the daughter of a Rabbi, but she loves Christmas and secretly writes Christmas rom coms. But what I loved most about this book was the fact that the heroine Rachel has a chronic health condition and while I don't have the same chronic condition as Rachel it's nice to see a heroine in a rom com with a chronic condition. Mickey is her best friend and he's been there for her the majority of her life and at times seems to be the only one who understands her. While Jacob Greenburg is her childhood nemesis and let's face it first love. And another thing that I loved about this one is there is no love triangle. 

 

I finished this one in two days and while I didn't want it to end, I was excited to find out what happened. I'm not going to lie I would love for this one to be made into a holiday rom com movie Hallmark take note. Just a word of warning there is language but otherwise it’s a clean rom com. 

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment