Monday, September 11, 2023

The Seven Year Slip by Ashley Poston review


Title: The Seven Year Slip


Author: Ashley Poston


Ch: 40


Pg: 336

Genre: rom com


Rating: 4 stars


Publisher: Penguin random house

The Seven Year Slip by Ashley Poston ended up being a book I enjoyed more than I thought I would. This one gave me The Lake House vibes with a hint of Practical Magic. The Lake House because of Iwan and Clementine l living in separate years and Practical Magic because of the quirky aunt and her saying that seem to fit at the right moment.

I loved Clementine from the start because I don’t, I’ve ever read a character quite like her in a rom com. And for the fact that she was almost 30 and didn’t have her life together. This one was quick read.

The Seven Year Slip is a rom com that deals with figuring out adulthood, friendship and grief in a tactful way that just makes sense.

Trigger warning for suicide of a loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment