Saturday, September 30, 2023

Unorthodox Love by Heidi Shertox review


Title: Unorthodox Love


Author: Heidi Shertox


Ch: 30 plus epilogue


Pg: 33


Genre: Jewish rom com


Rating: 4 stars


Publisher:
 Alcove Press

Thanks to Jean Meltzer I’m hooked on Jewish rom com and romances and any books that focuses on Jewish joy. And Unorthodox is the debut novel by Heidi Shertox. The heroine Penina is an Orthodox Jew who match makers send her on dates with not best pickings because she can’t have kids. But then her boss Sam Kleinfield comes into the picture. Sam is Jewish but he’s not Orthodox.

Sam starts out as a bit of a jerk but then Penina isn’t exactly the friendliest to him. But for me he quickly grew on me and became one of my favorite fictional heroes. And he delivers one of my favorite lines in chapter seventeen of the book. Why does it seem like all the best guys are fictional?

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment