Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Favorite Books of 2013

Finally and Forever (Katie Weldon Series) 5 stars This book because it is a reminder of my teen years. I first discovered Katie when I read the Christy Miller series. But Katie was always a favorite of mine because I could relate to her more. I was thrilled when she got her own series. Finally and Forever wraps up the series pretty good but leaves it open for another book if the author wanted.

Stealing the Preacher: Karen Witemeyer: 9780764209666: Amazon.com: Books  Just a cute Historical fiction read by one of my favorite Christian Historical fiction author.

The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0310724392/ref=cm_sw_r_pi_alp_wI8Zqb1YTN4HP 5 stars A Sweet retelling of Snow White that I loved. I liked the retelling better than the original fairy tale.

Amazon.com: The Rules for Disappearing (Rules, The) (9781423168973): Ashley Elston: Books A cute teen read

Undeniably Yours (A Porter Family, #1)A Sweet Christian romance in which the hero is a cowboy and a Marine

Mary, Anna, and Elizabeth in The Women of Christmas by Liz Curtis Higgs A nonfiction that focus on the three woman of Christmas Mary, Elizabeth, and Anna
Amazon.com: Merry and Bright eBook: Erynn Mangum: BooksA sweet Christmas novella.


Paige Torn Paige Rewritten: A Paige Alder Novel The first two books in the Paige Alder series by my favorite Christian Chick lit author. These books will have you laughing and crying along with the characters. If your like me it will make you want to pick up your Bible as soon as you put the book down for the night.

Loves Awakening by Laura Frantz The second book in the Ballantyne legacy. It was an emotional read  that kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. But not as emotional as the first book.  Silas will always be my favorite hero that Laura has written but Jack is a close second. 

Amber Stokes upcoming knovel Bleeding Hearts can't wait for it  another emotional historical fiction read, that kept me on the edge of my seat. But so good. Another book that makes you think. I cannot wait to read the prequel and the sequel. Amber has quickly become a favorite author of mine after only one book.
Read It and Weep (A Library Lovers Mystery) by Jenn McKinlay, 11-5-13 A sweet cozy mystery starring a Librarian and a sweet dog.
The Longest Ride: Nicholas Sparks: 9781455520657: Amazon.com: Books  The newest Nicholas Sparks book that has two different romances in it. Young and old.



1 comment:

  1. Aw, Carissa, I am so incredibly blessed by your words! To know that BH engaged you and made you think - I couldn't ask for more. :) I truly hope you enjoy Forget Me Not and Morning Glory when they release!

    *Big hugs*

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete