Friday, December 20, 2013

Review of The Longest Ride

The Longest Ride: Nicholas Sparks: 9781455520657: Amazon.com: BooksTitle: The Longest Ride

Author: Nicholas Sparks
 
Chapters: 33 plus epilogue

Pages: 398

Genre: Chick Lit, Romance

Rating: 4.5 stars

     The Longest Ride is one of my favorite Nicholas Sparks books but I didn’t think that it would be when I started reading it. But I was pleasantly surprised.  I like how almost all of his book take place in North Carolina.  Sophia Danko is a college senior at Wake Forrest. She’s majoring in art history and is a sorority girl.  Luke Collins is a North Carolina cowboy who also happens to be a washed up bullrider. These two are from two completely different worlds.

     I enjoyed the setting and how the story of Luke and Sophia was intertwined with Ira’s and Ruth’s.  Even though the four have never met.  For a mainstream romance The Longest Ride is a pretty clean read. Things are mentioned and things happen but the novel does not go into any details.  I would still only say 18 or older unless parents have read it first and decide it’s okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment