Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Hood Review

 Hood by Jenny Elder Moke | Goodreads

Title:  Hood

 

Author:  Jenny Elder Moke

 

Ch: 35

 

Pg:  320

 

Genre:  Teen Historical, Retelling

 

Rating:5 Stars

 

Publisher:  Disney Hyperion

 

I have to say the 90s kid in me loved this book and it’s been a book that I’ve been waiting on since I watched Princess or Thieves as a kid. I’ve always wanted a book about Robin Hood and Maid Marion’s daughter.

 

In Hood I finally got that Isabelle is as beautiful as her mother and as a good a shot as her father. This has been one of my favorite Robin Hood retellings in a while though it’s more a sequel retelling. I loved how for the most part it follow most of the myth and story-lines to most of the movies we’ve.

 

It’s a look at what happens after the credits roll. That while the book wraps up nicely it still leaves room for a sequel in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment