Thursday, August 27, 2020

The Book of Lost Names review

 Summer 2020 New Book Releases - Never Enough Novels

Title:  The Book of Lost Names

 

Author:  Kristin Harrell

 

Ch: 32

 

Pg: 400

 

Genre:  Historical Fiction

 

Rating: 5 stars

 

Publisher:  Gallery Books

 

Librarian Eva Traube Abrams has a secret past one she never shared with her son nor her husband. When a book surfaces that she hasn’t seen in years; The book of lost names. She realizes it’s time to face her past.

 

I’ve been on a WW II fiction kick and I’ve been reading everything that I can get my hands on since I read Sarah Sundin’s Sunrise at Normandy series. As it’s a genre I haven’t really read before. What made The Book of Lost Names stands out because this wasn’t a book about the war but about everyday French people doing what they can to save Jewish children.

 

I finished this book in two days because I couldn’t put it down. I recommend having tissues handy when reading this one. After finishing this one I’ve added the authors back list to me to be read pile.

 

 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment