Saturday, April 13, 2019

Review of The Accidental Beauty Queen

The Accidental Beauty Queen
Title: The Accidental Beauty Queen
Author:   Teri Wilson
Pg:304
Genre: Contemporary
Rating:  4 stars
The Accidental Beauty Queen by Teri Wilson is about Charlotte Gorman elementary school librarian who lives in her beauty queen twin sister Ginny’s shadow. Though they are twins Ginny is seen as the beautiful one and Charlotte is seen as the smart one.  
When an accident happens and Charlotte has to stand in for her sister at a beauty pageant. The sisters learn things about each other and themselves.  Each sister discovers that there is more to each other than meets the eye. 
I didn’t think that I would like this book because I wasn’t thrilled about the how beauty pageant setting as I’ve never ready understood that world. But I ended up loving it because I found myself relating to nerdy librarian Charlotte. I loved the Harry Potter and other nerdy book quotes.
If you’re on the fence about reading this book I say go ahead and give it a chance you might just be surprised. But in a good way.

 I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment