Saturday, April 27, 2019

Review of Escaping from Houdini

Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #3)
Title: Escaping from Houdini
Author:  Kerri Maniscalco  
Pg: 416
Series: Stalking Jack the Ripper book 3
Genre: Teen historical, Teen steampunk, teen mystery
Rating:  4 stars
Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco is the third book in the Stalking Jack the Ripper series. While it was a good read it wasn’t my favorite of the three.  Audrey set the majority of the book getting on my nerves.  Mainly for the way she kept treating Thomas there were times I wanted to smack her.
     However as always Thomas Cresswell was some of the best parts of the book. I still enjoyed the themes of the book and the series. Got a love a young woman who wants to be involved in the world of forensics and I love the steampunk feel to the series. The cliff hanger ending of this book has me looking forward to the fourth and final book. That I believe will be my favorite is the story is actually what I think it’s based on the true story of America’s first documented serial killer.  And hopefully the fourth book wraps up the series nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment