Monday, April 1, 2019

Review of Slayer

Slayer (Slayer, #1)
Title: Slayer
Author: Kiersten White   
Pg:404
Series: Slayer Book1
Genre: Teen
Rating:   4 stars
     Slayer by Kiersten White is actually the first book I have truly enjoyed. It is only the second book of hers that I have actually finished. I think that is due in part to the fact that I was huge Buffy nerd back in the day.  And even though this book isn’t truly about Buffy it’s still set in that world.
     This book focus on twin sister’s Artemis and Athena who live in the watcher’s academy. Athena doesn’t really want to be a watcher she just wants to be healer and she defiantly doesn’t want to be a slayer.  But then she discovers something that changes her life forever. She’s a slayer and not just a slayer she is the last slayer forever. Talk about the pressure.  
     I really enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. I had been seeing mixed reviews for this book. As readers either loved or hated it.  If you are wanting the book to be cannon to Buffy, it’s not. All of the characters expect for a few of the adult watchers are new characters. To me this book reads like a spin off series, which is a good and not a remake because as a kid of the 90s there is no way to recreate Buffy the Vampire Slayer.  But a spin off series would be good. I am looking forward to the next book in this series, as this one ended on a cliff hanger.






No comments:

Post a Comment