Monday, February 17, 2020

Echoes Between Us Review


Echoes Between UsTitle:  Echoes Between Us 

Author: Katie McGarry  

Genre: Teen fiction 

Rating: 4 stars 

Publisher:  Tor Teen 

What would you do if you were seeing your dead mother's ghost? That's the question that popped in my head as I was reading Katie's newest book Echoes between U. I don't know what your answer would be, but mine would be to call and make an appointment with my doctor because of myself like the main character Veronica suffers from migraines and I too also have a deceased mother. 

I've been a fan of Katie's since I read her first book back in 2012 Pushing the limits and I've enjoyed every book of her since even this one. Echoes between Us is slightly more paranormal elements than previous books and though not a sequel to Only a Breath Apart it does read like a companion novel as characters from that book make an appearance in this one. So I recommend reading that one first. 

What I like most about Katie's books besides being set in my home state of Kentucky is that she's not afraid to write about teenagers facing hardships and tough decisions and other issues they go through in a real way, she writes the kind of books that I wish were available when I was a teenager.  

And in this book apart from her medical issues, Veronica is a teenager who believes in ghosts and in the process drags Sawyer along for the ride.  There are three places that are mentioned including a TB hospital that are pretty famous in Kentucky that I had always wondered if Katie was ever going to find a way to work them into her books and she managed to do that with this book.  I enjoy reading her books and finding Easter eggs from places I visited in my own teenage hood mentioned. 

If you've read Katie's books in the past I recommend picking this one up. And even if you haven't but like to read YA I recommend picking this one up. And as always I look forward to Katie's next book. 


I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment