Friday, February 28, 2020

The Land Beneath Us review

The Land Beneath Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #3)Title:  The Land Beneath Us

Author: Sarah Sundin

Series: Sunrise at Normandy book 3

Chapters: 50 Plus Epilogue

Pages:371

Genre: Christian Historical Fiction with a hint of romance/ WWWII fiction

Rating: 5 Stars

Publisher: Revell

I’m not going to lie it was the tag of “When an Army Ranger and a librarian are bound together by a marriage of convenience, neither suspects it might lead to love.” I’m a sucker for marriage of convenience stories and heroines that are Librarians and I love a military hero.

The Land Beneath Us was my favorite book in the Sunrise at Normandy series. Since the first book, I couldn’t wait to read Clay's story and I loved Leah a petit young woman who dreams of being a librarian who was easy to relate to. I have to say that Clay and Leah are a good match and brings out the good in each other. Clay being in the “pit” ended up being a God thing and God used for good.

This series was the first WWII fiction that I’ve read as an adult and I enjoyed the whole series but The Land Beneath Us was my favorite. I loved how this series focused on the brother aspect and the Land air and sea forces who made D-day possible. A 2 great uncle while not a ranger was part of the Land invasion at Normandy and I loved that this book brought to light the scarifies those brave man-made that day.

I plan on picking up the rest of Sarah’s backlist of books as well as any future books she’s now my go-to author for WWII fiction. As the daughter of a Marine and the granddaughter of a sailor whose real-life heroes are our military it’s no wonder that those are my favorite fictional heroes.


I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine 

No comments:

Post a Comment