Monday, February 24, 2020

The Sea Before Us Review


The Sea Before Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #1)Title:  The Sea Before Us 

Author: Sarah Sundin 

Series: Sunrise at Normandy book 1

Chapters:48 plus Prologue 

Pages: 377

Genre: Christian Historical fiction with a hint of romance 

Rating: 4 stars 

Publisher:  Revell

I'm not going to lie I basically read this one because I read the synopsis of the third book in the series and couldn't wait to read it. So since I have to read series in order and in the case of this series you need to read them in order because these three books timeline is parallel they pretty much happen at the same time. But I normally don't read WWII fiction because I'm afraid that the author's going to get something wrong or not do their research. That wasn't the case here.

The Sea Before is the first book in the Sunrise at Normandy series by Sarah Sundin. A fictional series about three brothers who all play a part in the D-Day invasion.  Sea, air, and Land the three different forces that made D-Day possible. In the first book, we focus on the sea with Naval Officer Lt. Wyatt Paxton who damaged the relationship he had with his brothers and is trying to make amends. And Second officer Dorothy Fairfax a Wren in the Women's Royal Naval Service (WRNS) who also has to deal with a broken family but for different reasons.  They work together to help with the Naval part of D-Day. 

Prior to reading this book, I knew the Navy played a part in D-Day because how else were they going to get men to the beaches without a ship, but I didn't realize how big of a role the Navy played until I read this book, but I should have as someone who comes from a Navy and Marine family. I enjoyed the brother aspect of this series and I can't wait to read the stories of the other two brothers and get the background story from their point of view.  The brother aspect intrigues me as in my own family history we had our own set of brothers who fought in WWII, but in the Army, Navy, and Marines and only the solider show European combat the sailor and Marine were in the South Pacific. I can't wait to read the other two in this series as well as read some of Sarah's previous books. 

I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment