Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Review of The Wild Queen


Title: The Wild Queen: The Days and Nights of Mary Queen of Scots

Author: Carolyn Meyer  

Series: Young Royals
 
Chapters: 50 plus Epilogue

Pages: 420

Genre: Teen Historical Fiction

Rating: 4stars

                Even though history tells us how Mary Queen Scot’s tell ends it is nice to read a fictional account that doesn’t completely paint her as the villain. I enjoyed The Wild Queen just like I did other Young Royals by Carolyn Meyer. However I have to give a warning it should be for older teens and maybe adults because of some of the scenes and what it does with.
     The Wild Queen gave voice to what I have always thought about Mary Queen of Scots a woman who made some mistakes do not some much with the choices of her heart, but listening to the wrong people and have advisors who wanted to see her  fail. All in all I enjoyed the book, even though I cannot say I loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment