Monday, March 2, 2015

Review of The Princess Bride

The Princess Bride: S. Morgenstern's Classic Tale of True Love and High Adventure - Kindle edition by William Goldman. Literature & Fiction ...Title: The Princess Bride

Author: William Goldman

Genre: fantasy

Rating: 4 stars

The book in which one of my favorite movies as a child and even now was based. It’s slightly dorky but that is one of the things that I love about it.  I mean what’s not to love about a pirate and a princess and of course true love.  Westley the farm boy turned pirate,Buttercup(The Princess Bride) the beautiful peasant girl turned princess Not to mention the loveable sidekicks.  Inigo Montoya the swordsman on his quest for reveage, and Fezzik the giant gentle. Not to mention the crazy miracle man Mad Max.  

It was a fairly quick read. Complete with the classic line As You Wish but I do have to say that I like the movie better than the book. As a book worm that’s something I don’t ever say, but I think there are only five movies that I like better than their books and this is one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment