Wednesday, October 30, 2019

The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn review


The Pursuit of Tamsen LittlejohnTitle:  The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn

Author: Lori Benton 

Pages:400

Genre: Christian Historical fiction, Christian Historical Romance 

Rating: 5 star 

Publisher:  5 stars 

The Pursuit of Tamsen Littlejohn is the third book by Lori Benton that I have read, and I have to say that it is my favorite that I've read.  Tamsen is a woman whos determined to save herself but she also knows when she needs help though it is hard for her to ask for help.   Jesse Bird is by far one of my new favorite historical fiction heroes. Lori Benton even pens one of my favorite lines from a book to describe him ”A knight in greasy buckskin" and I have to say it suits him.   He's a man who doesn't know his past he was captured by the Shawnee as a child adopted, and then lost his Shawnee home and has since been raised by Cade a half Delaware half white man. But there's more to that relationship than Jesse knows. 

I was hooked from the first sentence of the audiobook of the book. I wanted to find out what happened but on the same note, I didn't want the book to end.   I loved the North Carolina setting especially the mountains.  As well as the brief trek into what would eventually become modern-day Tennessee.

I look forward to catching up on the rest of Lori's books but I don't think any others will top this one.

I recommend this book to fans of Christian Historical Fiction and Christian Historical romance. As well to fans of Laura Frantz's Courting Morrow Little. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you loved it! I'm in total agreement--I believe this is my favorite of the few books I've read by her, and it's hard to top it. :) I really need to reread it sometime!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete