Friday, August 23, 2019

Murder in the City of Liberty Review


Murder in the City of LibertyTitle:  Murder in the City of Liberty

Author:  Rachel McMillan

Series: Van Buren and DecLuca Mystery book 2

Chapters: 21

Pages: 325

Genre: Historical Mystery

Rating: 5 stars

Murder in the  City of Liberty by Rachel McMillan is the second and final book in the Van Buren and DeLuca series I believe.  I loved getting more of Reggie and Hamish story.  Hamish is one of my favorite heroes of literature and a big reason why is because he's not a perfect hero he's own the nerdy side and he's learning to deal with his anxiety. I love that Rachel wrote him as a character that had anxiety, but still a person his condition wasn't all he was.  
The baseball aspect of the story was great I loved that both Nate and Hamish were baseball fans.  I know a little bit about Boston and the Red Socks, from being a baseball fan myself. Growing up I loved hearing stories from my great grandpa about going to baseball games in New York but he wasn't a Yankee's fan instead he was a Dodgers fan  to the point when the team left New York he was still cheering them on. 

I have to say I loved how the book ended and that certain realized that what they really wanted was right in front of them the whole time.  
This book is great for fans of historical mysteries and fans of classic 1930s movies.  I always I look forward to the next book by this author. 


I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment