Thursday, August 1, 2019

Review of My Dearest Dietrich


My Dearest Dietrich: A Novel of Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Lost Love by Amanda Barratt | GoodreadsTitle:  My Dearest Dietrich

Author: Amanda Barratt
 
Chapters: 37 plus epilogue

Pages: 356

Genre: Christian Historical fiction

Rating: 5 stars

My Dearest Dietrich is set in Germany during WWII so it is my no means a light hearted romance.  And one that doesn't have a happy ending. But I guess you can say that about a lot of books set during WWII. But this is an historical fiction novel about Dietrich Bonhoeffer and the woman who loved him Maria Von Wedemeyer. 

I knew who Dietrich was I've even read a few of his books.  But I didn't know anything about Maria till I read this one.  Now I want to read the book of their letters.  

Reading this book though sad at times reminded me that were indeed Germans that stood up to Hitler and the Nazis even when it cost them everything. 

Even though this is an emotional read have tissues handy. I would recommend that everyone read this.  It's truly worth it and I normally don't read fiction books about war. I tend to stick to non-fiction accounts. 



I received a copy of this book from the publisher through netgalley. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are mine alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment