Thursday, August 22, 2019

Review of Superman: Dawnbreaker


Superman: Dawnbreaker (DC Icons, #4) by Matt de la Pena | GoodreadsTitle:  Superman:DawnBreaker

Author:  Matt De La Pena

Series: DC Icons book 4

Chapters: 289

Pages: 289

Genre: Comic book heroes, retellings

Rating: 2 stars

 Superman and Clark Kent have always been my second favorite DC  superhero Wonder Woman is my favorite DC superhero and favorite super hero in general.   Superman is my second favorite mainly because of  nerdy farm kid Clark Kent.  So I wanted to love this book and unfortunately I didn't love it.  It happens to be my least favorite of the DC Icons series.   But there was parts of the book that I loved. The fact that its set when he's a teenager who's learning about his powers and how to control them.  The fact that's its set in Smallville was giving me flash backs to my pre-teen and teenage years and the TV show Smallville about a teenage Clark Kent.   I pictured the actors from that show when I was thinking about what the book characters would look like. 

Even though I didn't like the book I am glad I read it to be able to finish out the DC Icon series and see this view of Clark Kent and Superman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment